Things to do in Louisville, KY
Aloft Louisville Downtown is located in the heart of downtown, and minutes to the Ohio River, giving guests easy access to a variety of attractions. A number of these make up the Museum Row on Main, an easily walkable way to explore some of the best things to do in Louisville, KY.
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory - Baseball lovers will rejoice in this extraordinary memorial to the sport, featuring hands on exhibits and even an in depth tour of the Louisville Slugger bat factory.
- Frazier History Museum - Take a step into the past as costumed historians walk you through exhibits covering a vast span of global history. Current exhibits include the Lewis & Clark Experience, Cowboys of the Wild West, and Industrialization
- Kentucky Center for Performing Arts - There is always something new to see at this major performing arts center, including concerts, Broadway shows, the Kentucky Opera, and Louisville Ballet.
- Muhammad Ali Center - This multicultural center pays homage to the life and legacy of Muhammad Ali, one of the greatest to ever step into the ring. Explore Ali's Six Core Principals through interactive exhibits, galleries, and film
- Belle of Louisville - The oldest steamboat still in operation in the country, the Belle was built in 1914 and is available for tours and cruises along the Ohio River.
Sports & Sights
- Louisville Zoo - Lions, tigers, and bears - oh my! The Louisville Zoo is home to over 1,500 animals, including endangered species like elephants and snow leopards. The zoo is open daily and offers tours, a splash park, and a number of rides.
- Louisville Slugger Field - Home to the Louisville Bats Minor League Baseball team, you can catch baseball games April through September.
- Big Four Bridge - Get out in the fresh air, rent a bicycle, and head across the Ohio River into Jeffersonville, Indiana for a day. This bridge was originally built for railway use, but now is exclusively for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Kentucky Kingdom - Enjoy the thrills of Kentucky Kingdom amusement park. Take a splash in Hurricane Bay water park or catch a show at the aqua theater featuring adorable rescued sea lions.
- University of Louisville - This public university is located just four miles from our hotel, so you can stay close when you cheer on the Cardinals or visit for alumni events.
- Churchill Downs - This world famous racetrack is home to the most exciting two minutes in sports, the Kentucky Derby horse race.
- KFC Yum! Center - This multi-purpose arena sits on the Ohio River waterfront and is home to the U of L basketball teams as well as many major concerts.
- NuLu Neighborhood - Explore one of Louisville's most unique neighborhoods featuring art galleries, antique shops, and plenty of specialty shops and restaurants to discover.
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail - With 95% of the world's bourbon coming out of Kentucky, making a few stops along the famous Bourbon Trail is a must during your stay in Louisville.
- Angel's Envy Distillery - One of the newer distilleries on the trail, Angel's Envy is located right on Main Street and less than half a mile from our doors.
- Whiskey Row - Stretching from 101-133 W. Main Street you'll find the historic Whiskey Row block, once home to the center of Louisville's bourbon industry.